Aplicor is currently seeking a Technical Writer to work on both internal and customer-facing documentation. If you are you looking for a position working with a dynamic team where your contributions will have an immediate, tangible affect, this could be a good fit for you. If the incorrect choice of word in the previous sentence bothers you, so much the better.
A successful Technical Writer at Aplicor will need to work equally well with Software Engineering, customer support, and user-facing materials.
Responsibilities working with Engineering will include:
- Document UI and functional changes resulting from point and major releases
- Update in-app documentation including field descriptions and help text
- Create and maintain internal support guides
Responsibilities working with the Customer Care team will include:
- User manuals
- Setup guides
- “How to” guides for individual functions
The role will also include additional responsibilities working with the Education Department to update and maintain training materials.
Required Skills And Experience
- Recent experience in technical documentation, preferably in a software environment
- Experience working with automated content management and publishing systems such as MadCap
- Working knowledge of ERP, financial and/or CRM software such as QuickBooks, NetSuite or SalesForce is a big plus.
- BA, BS, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Candidate must be a US citizen or permanent resident.